9/21/08

We may be different, but we love each other.

My brothers came over last night for dinner and a movie. I have to say, we may be different people, but there's no denying we all love each other. We had lets say tumultuous childhoods, and even though we get on each others nerves now and then, we're all pretty close. I would never doubt for a second that if one of us was in trouble, the others would be there.

There were four of us growing up. (I found the rest of my siblings after high school graduation - story for another blog.) The big kids and the little kids. Donna & Eric and Cindy & Adam. (Let me be perfectly clear, I love all my siblings, but you know how you have more vivid memories than others...)

I don't remember 'playing' with the big kids very often, but I remember playing with Adam for countless hours. Flooding the sandbox to play cars (even though we got in trouble every time), playing school (poor thing, I always wanted to play teacher...), barbies (made him play that too), tv tag, freeze tag, water fight (wich I was always a big baby about), on the swing set, and oh you name it...
We took care of each other, that's just the way it was. We fought and played together, got in trouble together, had the chicken pox, the flu, colds, (and worked our parents) all together. I can remember staying home from school the week we got chicken pox. We dressed up in our halloween costumes, I was Minnie Mouse, he was (Superman, I think... or was it Pee Wee Herman? I can't remember). Even when we started getting older, we always looked out for each other - even when we didn't particularlily like each other.... When I was a Senior in Highschool, Adam was a freshman, and way more popular than I. He was going to homecoming or prom, or something like that, and asked me if I was going, I said 'no' of course not (I didn't date at all). He's so sweet, he offered to tell his date that he couldn't go, and go with me, so I could, and wouldn't have to go alone... made me cry of course, but i told him to go with his date.

Man I love him.




1 comment:

Donna Shoop said...

True, True. I missed you last night, but I sure enjoyed visiting w/ the boys and having the house all to myself. Maybe next time... and you can bring your own meat. :)