9/17/08

An average Day

An average day in our life starts at 6 am (Ralph has already been up for at least an hour). We shower, get dressed, grab what we need for the day (or mostly, we usually forget something or another), and are out the door by 7:15.
Off to Aunt Donnas, drop Aurora off, and then to work. Usually a phone call at some point from Aurora, today it was "I was carrying the piano bench and accidently dropped it on my toe". (Of course it took me several minutes to figure out that's what she was saying through the sobbing.) She goes to afternoon Kindergarten in Lacey, and I pick her up after work.
We make it home around 6:30, make dinner, eat, watch a show or read a book, pick out clothes for the next day, get in jammies and she's in bed by 8. I'm not usually too far behind her though... seems like the older I get the later 9pm gets!
And we start it all over again the next day. When is there time to clean up and enjoy? and play? and ready? and knit? and just breathe! seems like it never stops...

No comments: